Wednesday, December 31, 2008

a good 2008

I woke up today feeling a little nostalgic... 2008 was huge for us, I actually remember being a little nervous this time last year as to what was all going to go down in a matter of months. Of course Thad chuckled at me as I ate my cereal and watched the Today show tell me "how to spruce up my New Years outfit by using old accessories". I just started thinking about the year and the year to come. I think new years resolutions are fun- whether you keep them and do them is one thing but it is smart to acknowledge things you'd like to do more often. For instance on our run this morning, I told Thad that I want to save $1.00 a day. I don't think that's too much to spare and in a month's time you saved about 30 bucks. Thad said he would like to do more 5-10 minute jobs each day so on the weekends they don't seem so overwhelming. We'll see.
The point of my blog was I wanted to quickly jot down some highlights of this year for us. No particular order just what comes to mind. In 2008 we/I.....

-got married!
-traveled to Costa Rica
-Abby came into our lives
-went to see John Mayer
- went to see New Kids on the Block
- was on the Ellen show
-there was a fire at my school
-friends and family came to visit us pre wedding
-jen malone lived with us for a month pre wedding
- traveled to San Fran for Jillian and Adam's wedding
-Uncle Bobby came to visit 2x
-Michael was deployed and returned safely.
-partied at John and richelle's wedding
-Luke broke his wrist
-we moved
-I had 3 (yes 3!!) amazing bridal showers
- Thad hiked half dome on his bachelor party
-went to Speedracer premiere
-got a big t.v!
-watched Jason Lezak win that relay for the U.S on our honeymoon.
-Michael Phelps
-We voted for a new president.
-Barack Obama

There are a few special babies due in the next few weeks, 2 of our friends weddings, Jesse and Mike taking a big trip and many more fun little tidbits. Happy New Year!

Love,
The Bakers :)

-

2 comments:

Jesse said...

2008 was such a wonderful year! I added another sister! Love you Jackie!!

Cheryl said...

And I have to add I have another beautiful daughter. Happy New Year give each other hugs from me.
Love,
Mom