Tuesday, January 27, 2009

two little funnies

so both involve our pup. what can i say- she is a main part of the day. when i got home from work yesterday i took her for a really long walk, when we got home i ran upstairs to grab her loud squeak ball to play a little fetch. Our sweet young neighbor came outside to see Abby and play a little- he's in 5th grade I think. After a few throws, Abby lost interest and she went over to find a rock or two to eat. Now I'm quick to grab whatever she puts in her mouth but I didn't see her chewing, until Alex said " oh no, Jackie she just ate cocaine". I thought "WHAT"!!!!! I ran the few feet and saw indeed Abby was licking some white powdery remains from construction they were doing near our place. I told him it was not cocaine- just so that was clear before he went inside or back to school. He obviously paid attention to that lesson in school. Thad and I both had a chuckle over it.

this morning, Abby starting stirring around 5- thats way too early, an hour too early, for me to take her out or feed her. both of us told her a few times to lay down and took away a few loud toys. After about 20 minutes of quiet of her being in the living room alone I heard a loud thump right under my nose. In a sleep Thad said " that was a shoe" Indeed, she had brought me Thad's sneakers that I wear out in the morning. I thought no way did she just make that connection but she got me... ok Abby I'm up!

2 comments:

Jesse said...

Abby is awesome!

Cheryl said...

I wonder if Abby would love the snow, pretty to look at, not to fun driving to work this morning.
Love,
Mom